Set aside a special Worship Service to honour your pastors, full-time workers and leaders for their labour and sacrifice.
Think of ways to recognise and honour them. A simple card, a lunch invitation or a pledge to pray for them. You can even hold a special service of affirmation or a dinner event. For help to plan this occasion, kindly contact NECF Malaysia.
- Raise up a greater understanding of the church members love for and appreciation of their pastors
- Raise up a shield of prayer around every pastor in the local church nationwide
- Raise 100,000 partners in prayer for pastors nationwide
'YOUR PASTORS NEED PRAYER'
"Preachers need the prayers of people" - E.M. Bounds
- Long hours
- Low pay
- Stress-related crisis in ministry
- Conflicts with congregation
- Lonely job
- Problem with self-image
- Negative influence on their families
"The Preacher's Cry: Pray for us" - E.M Bounds
Prayers Partners in History (e.g)
- Charles Finney - Abel Clary
- D.L. Moody - Marianne Adlard
- Billy Graham - Team of prayer partners
- John Maxwell - Bill Klassen
- Max Lucado - 120 church prayer partners
"The most underutilized source of spiritual power in our churches today is intercession for Christian leaders" - Dr. Peter Wagner
- Launch of the "Pastors Prayer Shield " campaign nationwide
- Prayer partners for pastors’ enlistment form
- Prayer Guide for pastors
- Prayers to include pastors’ spouses and family members
- Prayer Leaders to be appointed in each local church
- IMPORTANT: Feedback to NECF Prayer Commission on number of sign-ups to be Partners in Prayer. Our goal is 100,000!
Although called a campaign as a start , our desire is that it will sustain and grow with time such that every elder, deacon, cell leader, group leader will also be covered in prayer. When the Church is fully supported by prayer, we can then move into the communities and partner up in prayer for our community leaders!
This initiative is a follow-up of the Pastors' Prayer Shield Campaign launched in 2001.